Countdown to your Wedding Day
Below is a guide to assist you planning your wedding day, but remember that we are always on hand throughout your journey to help make the whole experience a pleasurable one.
12 – 18 MONTHS TO GO:
- Decide the date of your wedding
- View venue and make a provisional booking
- Book Church or Civil Ceremony
- Confirm your booking
- Book photographer and/or videographer
- Book cars or any other transport
- Order invitations and stationery
- Decide on bridesmaids, best man and ushers to help you plan your special day
- Order your wedding cake
- Book your DJ or band.
6 MONTHS TO GO:
- Register for your gift lists
- Choose your wedding dress and accessories
- Choose bridesmaid dresses
- Once you have decided on your theme and colour, it’s time to pick your flowers for both your bouquet and reception
- The bridegroom traditionally arranges hire of suits for best man, ushers & Fathers.
2 – 4 MONTHS TO GO:
- Send out your invitations – don’t forget to put on them that Harrowden Hall has a dress code (we like to keep the traditional standards of the hall)
- Choose your wedding rings.
6 WEEKS TO GO:
- Confirm all travel arrangements and hotel bookings
- Choose gifts for bridesmaid
- Choose favours & gifts for guests who have helped
- Amend guest list using invitation replies
- Make hairdressers & beauty salon appointments
- Have a meeting with Harrowden Hall’s wedding co-ordinator to go through our thorough checklist to ensure that the day runs perfectly.
3 WEEKS TO GO:
- Confirm details with all suppliers
- Final fittings for wedding dress
- Practise hair & make-up
- Meet with best man, bridesmaids and ushers to finalise arrangements.
1 WEEK BEFORE:
- Finalise number of guests
- Finalise table plan.
ON THE DAY:
- Relax & enjoy one of the most memorable days of your life at Harrowden Hall.
WEDDINGS TIME LINE
Initial enquiry made in person, or telephone or via web page, Sue, our wedding co ordinator, makes contact within 2 working days of her receiving the enquiry. Sue is here to support you right from initial contact through to your wedding day
Wedding and hall information sent out and viewing date booked
Viewing takes place lasting approx. 1 hour allowing time for full tour of the areas of the hall used for weddings, discussion of our wedding pack, viewing of photographs and ample time for questions
If a couple are marrying here they would need to contact the local registrar and book a time for their ceremony
Sue will follow up the viewing in 2 weeks with a courtesy email
Quote requested and sent within 2 working days, a provisional, no obligation booking is then made and this is held for 2 weeks
On formalising a booking a 25% no refundable deposit is requested. This payment is made via our accounts team, Karen and Christine on 01933 677234 ext. 1 and can be via cheque, credit/debit card or balance transfer
During the next few months couples are welcome to visit the hall as many times as they would like whilst they are making plans for their big day. Detail to be considered would include, wedding clothing and colour scheme photography, flowers, cake, music, disco/band, chair covers, table and Hall decorations. Sue is available to support and guide couples through this planning stage if you need her, Sue is best contact via email, firstname.lastname@example.org Sue is based at the Hall Monday- Thursday 8am until 12 pm, but she does have some evening and some Saturday Morning appointments
Trial meals are available on request, generally from approx. 6 months before the wedding. Trial meals are offered for up to 6 and cost £25 per person and include Prosecco and nibbles on arrival
The second payment is due 6 months before the wedding and our accounts team will contact you to request payment
During the final 6 months you will need to be thinking about the numbers of tables that you would like for your wedding breakfast and the rooms layouts. Once you are at this stage of planning please contact Sue and she will be able to discuss the tables that are available and advise on the best layout for your comfort
6 weeks before the wedding we will ask you to attend your final meeting with Sue and the Front of House Manager, this meeting will take about 2 hours and will cover all detail of your time at the hall on your wedding day. If the number attending this meeting could please be kept to a minimum. Please bring with you to this meeting, final numbers and guests choices ( if relevant), and special diets, table plan if ready, and any detail that you would like to discuss such as table setting etc, a list of all important contact such as florist, photographer etc
Following the final meeting Sue and the accounts team will amend your final payment to reflect change and then request final payment
Please don’t worry if numbers change after this, please just contact Sue and she will make any necessary changes
In the days prior to the wedding please feel free to contact Sue for advise support or if you need her!! Any table plans, decorations etc can be brought to the hall in the days prior to the wedding please talk to Sue about when you would like to deliver these
Please note that we can’t guarantee to be able to let you in the room on the day before as the room may be in use, but you can bring any items that you would like and we will store them for you
YOUR WEDDING DAY FINALLY ARRIVES AND WE ARE ALL HERE TO ENSURE THAT IT IS A MAGICAL DAY
Fantastic planning and organisation both before and on the day. Ben and Kate